Native iPad Apps
- Native Apps are faster: uses more of the iPad’s resources and capabilities.
- No need to search the web: one-stop shopping on the App Store.
- Users feel more comfortable: They know the app was made specifically for their device, not adapted using HTML5/CSS3.
- Easier to turn on and off: Apps are made to turn on/off without interruption or loss of data.
- More difficult to develop: requires knowledge of Objective-C and use ofApple SDK.
- Closed Platform: difficult to adapt for other devices like the Android platform.
iPad Web Apps
- Tailor the site for any browser: switch between style sheets or redirect pages depending on which device or browser your user is operating. It is possible to make your app universal.
- Steve Jobs can’t censor your web app: The web is an open platform — meaning that you are in control. No waiting to get approved by the App Store.
- Small market, not enough support: web apps need strength in numbers which means not only attracting users but developers as well.