Source: HBR Blog, Feb 2011
- “For and amongst consumers.”
- “The Red Dot.” A*STAR Managing Director Low Teck Seng used that phrase to describe how Singapore appears on a map. He described how the country’s small size allowed it to be more nimble, reminding the audience that sometimes constraints can foster innovation.
- “Florence.” P&G R&D VP for Asia Maurizio Marchesini noted similarities between Singapore and Florence during the Italian Renaissance, with free-flowing ideas and disciplines colliding. He and I both noted how solving tough problems requires this kind of interdisciplinary co-location where people work together in new ways.
- “Simplifying technology and new business models.”
- “As common as possible, as different as needed.”
- “Non-obvious disruptions.”