Source: GenuineVC blog, Feb 2011
- “How do I think about finding a startup job?”
- “How do I identify promising startups?”
- “How do I evaluate a specific startup opportunity and company?”
- “How do I optimize my package once I’ve been offered a role?”
First rule of startups: Not all startups are created equal.
I believe that there are three opportune times to join a startup:
- As early as possible (or as you can stomach).
- When the train has already left the station.
- When there is a truly unique ability to learn, collaborate with specific people, or work in a special situation.