Source: Mashable, Nov 2011
1. Make It Easy for Investors To Write Checks
2. Start with the Basics
- Include numbers.
- Focus on traction. How many customers have signed up to your service? How many have been active in the past 30 days? What is your viral coefficient?
- Include screenshots of your product, a video walk-through and one or two charts that display traction or revenue. If you have a good video pitch, include that too.
3. Find a Good Referrer
4. Shop It Around to People You Already Know
5. Use Your AngelList Profile as Your Executive Summary
6. Be Responsive
7. Look for Your Lead Investor
8. Fill Out the Round
9. Keep Your Profile Active and Up-to-Date