Source: On Startups, Feb 2012
- Get good at seeing talent where others don’t.
- You’re not solving the problem. You’re not even looking at the problem.
Identify a fundamental problem and then focus, focus, focus on solving that problem.
- We’ve got to think differently.
- First job in baseball? It’s my first job anywhere.
- Your goal shouldn’t be to buy players, your goal should be to buy wins.
- Why do you like him? Because he gets on base.
- Hey, anything worth doing is hard. And we’re gonna teach you.
- It’s day one of the first week. You can’t judge just yet.
- Where on the field is the dollar I’m paying for soda?
- These are hard rules to explain to people. Why is that a problem, Pete?
- I’m not paying you for the player you used to be, I’m paying you for the player you are right now.
- We’re going to change the game.