Source: Daily Mail, May 2012
‘They’re a lot further along than people imagine’: Google co-founder reveals that hi-tech Project Glass techno-goggles could be on sale next year
- Google co-founder now working exclusively on glasses
- Could be released as early as 2013
- Have been in development for 2-3 years
- Glasses have built-in camera, GPS and offer email and web searches on surface of glasses
- Prototypes now being tested outside Google’s offices
- Pictures taken while running and on trampoline
- Hi-tech Android glasses ‘layer’ computer information over the world
The demonstration also showed off some of the technical details of the glasses, such as the fact that they have a ‘trackpad’ at the side which is used to navigate.
The glasses are also voice-controlled.
Brin, who co-founded Google with current CEO Larry Page is now working exclusively on the glasses, he said.
The glasses also have a camera built into the arm – and the glasses are starting to be seen increasingly outside the Google offices, with co-founders Larry Page and Sergei Brin both wearing the techno-specs at public events.
The screen is controlled by voice and by tilting your head, so one catch may be a few funny looks in the street.