Source: Peter Thomson website, Aug 2013
- Run an active blog with social media strategy, advice and news.
- Send people back to your blog from social media / forums / other blogs (to read your posts).
- Once they’re on your blog, build your long-term readership by getting them to subscribe to your mailing list (by offering a free download of some sort – maybe a short “social media blueprint” or something like that – advertised on the sidebar and below each post, could also do a pop-up?).
- You can then contact your mailing list each time you publish new posts and articles (for to get email opens, think “curiosity-baiting” and “shock”) so they go regularly go back to your blog, where your book is advertised (sidebar ad, plus mentioned in your posts from time to time).
- You could also consider promoting affiliate offers on your blog too (other social media courses, internet marketing courses, tools etc) for commissions.